Non-drinking friends – Having seen so many posts about the troubles of being a non-drinker, I couldnt help but disagree on many of their points.
Personally I love non-drinking friends..
I especially love going to parties with a non-drinking friend, rather than a drinking one.
Here are some of the reasons for that:
non-drinking friends –
1. Non-Drinkers are always the only sober people around at the end of the party and you can rely on them to bring you home.
2. You can drink in the car while being driven around by your non-drinking friend and are assured of reaching home in one piece.
3. Your non-drinking friend usually stops you from making a perfect ass of yourself when you are drunk. And even if you do, you can always get away with “Sorry man, I was drunk” and he understands 😉
4. You never have to offer a drink to your friend. Your drink costs Rs. 300 – 500 and his drink costs Rs. 50 – 100. You can drink his soft-drink, but he can’t drink your scotch. 😛
5. You never feel bad about him drinking more than you do and finishing off the last drop of the last bottle. It’s been YOU, yourself, all the time!!!
6. Whether he enjoys the party or not, you are sure to enjoy the party. If he enjoys it too, hey that’s cool!! If not, he can sit in the corner sipping on his lime juice while you dance like a clown. 😛
7. He is the perfect person you can hand over your phone or other stuff to, which you are bound to lose after you get drunk.
8. And the best part is that if you get into a fight, he is the only one who can land his punches, so having non drinkers on your team makes you win the drunken brawl. And he carries you back when you fall down too. 😛
9. A non drinking friend can be exceptionally helpful when it comes to hitting on girls at a party. If she slaps you, he will always come to your rescue and save you from being kicked in the balls too.
10. When the party ends and the floor is spinning and the earth is rotating faster around its axis than usual, it is your non drinking friend, who always has enough to sense to come out of the place with a bottle of water. He knows you are going to need that water when you spend time on the side of the street, bent over and emptying the contents of your stomach.
Okay so maybe he does eat up your “chakhna” but I think it’s a pretty small price to pay for someone who has all the above qualities. Dont you agree?
Disclaimer: All non-drinking friends of mine who love to party and can drive; please let me know your schedules. The weekend is here already. 😛