We all eagerly wait for this time of the year, for the air is crisp, leaves start to fall and atmosphere is so apt for cosy rendezvous with family and friends.
During this season, many host a Sunday brunch and comfort themselves with warm and flavourful fall dishes.
If you are planning for leisurely brunch at your home this season, then do browse down to learn some finger licking recipes for a perfect fall brunch and satiate your autumnal cravings.
1. Moroccan Lentils
This dish is ubelieveably good and is very simple to prepare. No doubt this will be an instant hit among your family and friends.
Cinnamon, turmeric, dried ginger, paprika, cayenne, salt (ground all these species), lentils (rinsed), oil, cumin seeds, yellow onion (diced), minced garlic, pureed tomatoes, lemon zest and minced parsley and cilantro.
How to make:
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add olive oil and whole cumin seeds. Let the cumin to pop and then add onion and sauté it till it gets golden.
- Add garlic and spice mixture and toss everything so they are nicely coated in oil.
- Later add tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Add water and lentils and bring to a boil (cover it for 30 minutes).
- Add lemon zest.
- If the lentils look dry, do add water.
- Sprinkle each serving with cilantro or parsley. You can add a dollop of yogurt to calm the heat of spices.