With a colossal Test career to his credit, we take a look at some of the mind boggling stats Jacques Henry Kallis will be leaving behind
Jacques Henry Kallis has decided to bid adieu to Test cricket after the Durban Test match. With a colossal Test career to his credit, we take a look at some of the mind boggling stats he will be leaving behind:
- Jacques Kallis made his international debut as a 20-year-old in December, 1995 in a test match against England in Durban
- Kallis played 165 tests for South Africa, scoring 13,174 runs at an average of 55.12.
- He scored two double centuries in tests with his 224 against Sri Lanka in Cape Town in 2012 being his best score.
- As a bowler, he has amassed 292 wickets with a six-for 54 his best bowling in an innings.
- As a reliable slip fielder, he took 199 catches in tests.
- Kallis is the fourth-highest run-getter in tests behind Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting and Rahul Dravid.
- His 44 test centuries is the second highest in the world behind Tendulkar.
- He is South Africa’s greatest cricketer, having scored the most number of test runs and also being fifth on the wicket-takers’ list.