Getting to drive a super fast car at the highest speed possible, is one of the best dreams come true for any car fanatic. For all such enthusiasts, we get a list of the top ten fastest cars of the world!
We all love cars that go vrooooommm…
However, given the traffic in cities and the bad condition of the roads, it is impossible to fulfill one’s dream of driving a car smoothly at a really high-speed.
The cars that most of us own are for meant for driving on city roads.
However, there are some superfast cars which can satiate the thirst of adventurous car enthusiasts.
We bring for our readers the 10 fastest cars of the world.
1) The Hennessey Venom GT is the fastest road car in the world with a speed of 270.49mph. With a price starting $1,000,000, this car flaunts a 7.0-liter Turbocharged V8 Engine mustering 1244 hp.
2) The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport at a top speed of 267 mph is the second fastest car in the world. This car held the top spot among the fastest cars in the world till February 2014, after which the Hennessey Venom GT replaced it.
3) With a top speed of 260 mph,the Koenigsegg Agera R, takes the 3rd spot among the top-speed cars of the world. With a price starting $1,600,000, this car gives tough competition to the top two fastest cars.
4) The SSC Ultimate Aero and the 9ff GT9-R,each with a speed of 257 mph, jointly hold the fourth spot.
5) The Saleen S7 Twin-Turbowith a price starting $555,000 gives a speed of 248 mph. With its sleek design, this car boasts of a carbon fiber body.
6) Priced almost similar to the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, the Koenigsegg CCX with a base price of $545,568 is a Swedish car, which takes pride in its awe-inspiring design.
7) The McLaren F1, with 240 mph top speed was among the most talked about cars of the 20th Century. With an enticing door design that resembles the wings of a bat, this car is worth its price of $970,000.
8) With a price starting $1,225,000, the Zenvo ST1 with a top speed of 233 mph, takes pride in securing the 8th position!
9) The Pagani Huayra with a speed of 230 mph comes with a seven speed auto-manual transmission and a 6.0-liter V12 Engine.
10) At the number 10 spot, is the Gumpert Apollo, a street-legal racecar with a top-speed of 225 mph.
Owning these cars is certainly a dream come true for all car aficionados and most of these cars stay parked in the garages of millionaires.
However, we sincerely wish that all of us get a chance to drive these beauties and quench our thirst of riding a top-speed car!