Thoughts On Arranged Marriage – There are still many people out there, who are having arranged marriage.
There’s certainly nothing wrong about it.
You know, there are so many people who are living happily. Yeah, some experienced heart-break as well. But c’mon, it happens in love marriages as well, right? In the end, it all depends on the “FOREVER PERSON” that you’re choosing.
On Reddit, some people shared how their “arranged marriage” turned out to be – Keep reading.
Thoughts On Arranged Marriage –
- I am 27 my wife is 26 we are both doctors and we had an arranged marriage. I may be biased but I think at least for me this has worked out better. I had many social issues and a really low self worth. I got matched to a really lively girl. I panicked when it started and I nearly ended the engagement because I thought we were so different how this could ever work. What I was not expecting was how much I would fall in love with her. She awakened my sleeping lively side. Now our life is looking up as I just got a residency and I tend to think that is due to the luck brought to me by her.
- My parents had an arranged marriage; they get along great, they rarely disagree, and I expect myself to go into an arranged marriage, too.
- We are in an arranged marriage and have been happily married for the last seven years. It was definitely scary at first but both of our parents supported us a lot. What made it stronger was that we both shared a strong common base, being our faith and the way we grew up.
- I had one. Divorced. Never again.
- Been arranged married since ’95 and going strong ever since. Love my wife and will always love her.Bottom of Form
- Best decision I ever made, and, yes, one of the scariest. Brought up Hindu in the West. Parents put ad in the paper (hinting at how old I am) Fifteen minutes of actual face to face time before the wedding. That was 20 years and 3 kids ago. She is my rock.
- From Turkish living in Germany and getting arranged with girls from Turkey it is really random and a matter of luck.
- I had an arranged marriage at the age of 16…it was horrible, everything about him was horrible. My parents didn’t care, obviously I got a divorce but with great difficulty at age 24. Glad I am not with him anymore but sad over the years I lost and the hardship that I had to go through.
- Arranged marriage here, Been 16 years and 4 beautiful children later and were falling in love deeper every year. She is my auntie’s daughter.
Some people shared about their parents who had an arranged marriage.
- My parents are Indian and have been married for nearly 30 years. I’m really surprised that my mom married my dad because he was some villager who had nothing going for him at the time, while she is educated and grew up in a semi wealthy family.
- My parents are in an arranged marriage. Lots of fighting due to in-laws occurred and now they just find anything to fight about. They’ve gotten better but I had times when I’d wish they just divorced.
- My parents are in an arranged marriage and they only just celebrated their 22nd anniversary. They don’t exactly like each other; Its as if they’re being forced to live.
Thoughts On Arranged Marriage – This was all about it. Do you have any story to add? Comment below.