The Aam Aadmi Party has come under fire after a video of its leader Shazia Ilmi went viral on YouTube where she was seen asking the Muslims to become ‘˜communal’ during elections asking for votes.
The Aam Aadmi Party has come under fire after a video of its leader Shazia Ilmi went viral on YouTube (see here) where she was seen asking the Muslims to become ‘communal’ during elections asking for votes.
“Muslims are not communal. They have become too secular. This time they should be communal. They should think for themselves. Muslims have become political slaves of the Congress, BJP and SP,” she was heard as saying.
Ilmi did not stop there. She in fact went ahead and said, “Arvind Kejriwal aapke apne hai varna sab secular ke chakkar main doosron ko vote de dete hain aur phir apna hi nuksan karte hain. Bohot controversial baat hai ye par main khul ke kahoongi is baat ko. (Arvind Kejriwal is your own, otherwise for the sake of secularism, Muslims vote for others and in turn lose out on things. This is a controversial statement, but I will say it open).”
For such a dark comment, to expect party chief Arvidn Kejriwal’s rebuttal or apology or even a tweet is not too much. But he is silent on the issue. Only Manish Sisodia has ‘criticised’ Ilmi on behalf of the party. “I have seen Shazia Ilmi’s video clip, she shouldn’t have made these remarks. AAP does not believe in communal politics. Our politics is to unite all Indians,” he said. There is yet a punishment to be given to Ilmi by the party.
Amidst all this, Ilmi remains defiant saying, “Communal does not mean to incite hatred. Muslims have been political slaves for the Congress, the SP for so many years. What have they done for Muslims? It is unfair to call it as a meeting of Muslims. I just told them they should not be slave to any party.”
If we go by Ilmi’s above statement, we have five reasons that say AAP is communal. And we have supplemented them with proof. Here they are:
- Party leader Yogendra Yadav used his nickname ‘Salim’ to woo Muslim voters in Muslim areas of Mewat and Gurgaon for Lok Sabha elections.
- Party chief Arvind Kejriwal, who was up against ‘corrupt’ union minister Kapil Sibal and ‘evil’ Congress, went on wearing a skull cap and hugging Sibal in his constituency Chandani Chowk in Delhi in front of the Muslim Community because he had to form the government.
- Yogendra Yadav speaks of giving reservation to muslim, which is unconstitutional, if they come to power in centre.
- To woo Muslim voters, Kejriwal gave an interview to Muslim Mirror where he said that he is a “practicing Muslim”.
- The party got Association of Indian Muslims in America to advertise for them in Milli Gazette asking for votes.
So dear AAP, why should we not call you communal after Ilmi’s barb and give a dharna demanding a ban on you?