History has defined Allaudin Khilji as the successful emperor of the Khilji Dynasty who ruled for years but he was also known for his cruel and weird facts that are not revealed in many reads.
Hereby few of his known and unknown facts Of Allaudin Khilji including his weird nature is stated below:
Allaudin Khilji –
1) Allaudin Khilji was mesmerized by the appearance and features of Malik Kafur, he bought him from the slave market “ Bacha Bazaar”. He introduced him to be one of his loyal officer. Though there is no accurate evidence about the relationship but according to few historians this fact is mentioned.
2) He conquered Chittoor to rule over Padmavati the queen of Chittor. Conquering Chittor he arrested more than 6500 women including Rani Padmavati, later she adapted to Jauhar instead of surrendering herself to Allaudin Khilji.
3) The desire for sex was so extreme that his harem, found in Muslim community reached to the amount of 28,000 or more widow of the men he killed to get the entire right on the women. 70,000 or more men, women and children that was something unimaginable for any normal emperor.
4) “Sikander-i-Sani” was the title taken by him. He was a all time conqueror who travelled around to rule over various places. The desire to conquer Ranthambore from Rajputs has lead to the scarcity of food and water, though they were able to conquer it at the end through a strong battle.
5) He ruled for a long period where Alauddin’s death was conspired by injecting harmful liquid into his veins, that made him ill and finally suffered from edema. He died of edema. His tomb is present at Qutb complex, Mehrauli
6) Alauddin Khalji had a blind trust on Malik Kafur and was madly attracted to him, Khalji’s right hand. Malik Kafur was always with him to conquer the places though he wanted the dynasty to rule by himself.
7) Khilji had a bad relation with his wife Malika-i-jahan due to the deceit murder of his father in law Jalaluddin. Khalji was never forgiven for his cruelty to get the throne. On other part his high crave or desire for sex that was known by his wife did not allow their relation to get normal to any extent.
8) Though he was known as cruel and a mad king but he was a social reformer, it is not expected from a personality like Khilji. He banned gambling, drunkards and cannabis. Also, he ordered 5 Manns of gold pieces to be given to crowd in Kara, from a manjaniq.
9) Bacha bazaar was mostly the trend of the slave market in Afghanistan but slowly replicated in India, while Khilji bought slaves from the “Bacha Bazaar”, the market of slaves.
10) He had in building or constructing structures confined to architecture and art and so he started Alai Minar, said to be proposed as double storied similar to Qutub Mina but died before it completed ended to single storied.
These are Allaudin Khilji facts. History of India has great warriors and conquerors among which Alauddin Khalji is defined as the second great conqueror who had a huge dynasty from ruling 1296–1316 over the Delhi sultanate. Though he was a good ruler inspite of his weird character.