Here are few stats about Sachin that are still unknown to the cricketing fraternity:
People might know that Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar has scored 100 tons in International cricket and has over 10,000 runs in both forms of cricket. But here are few stats that you just might not know!
1. During his early cricketing years, Sachin Tendulkar had a fascination for bowling fast.
2. In his first ever game as a batsman, Sachin scored a zero.
3. In 1985-86, at the age of 12, Sachin scored his first century in competitive cricket, in the Harris Shield inter-school cricket tournament.
4. At the age of 14, Sachin Tendulkar became the youngest player ever to be included in the Bombay (then) Ranji team.
5. At 15 years, 7 months and 17 days, Sachin Tendulkar became the youngest Indian ever to score a century on debut in the Ranji Trophy. Amongst the spectators who watched him score were none other than Sunil Gavaskar, Eknath Solkar and Milind Rege.
6. In his first 4 Ranji games, Sachin had scored a staggering 349 runs at an average of 87.25. Overall, he was Mumbai’s top scorer with 583 runs at an average of 64.77.
7. Though Sachin always wanted to be a cricketer, he never neglected studies. Do you know, during his childhood days Sachin carried books with him in his kit when he toured with the Bombay team for the Ranji season.
8. Sachin also holds the feat of scoring most amount of runs in a World Cup. He scored 673 runs in the 2003 ICC World Cup.
9. Tendulkar is the first sportsperson ever without an aviation background to be awarded the honorary rank of Group Captain by the Indian Air Force.