It was great watching the father-daughter duo giggling and guffawing along with Karan Johar on his chat show. Sonam revealed that Anil is the most chilled out dad ever and Anil refused to accept that he looks old or has grown old over the years.
It was great watching the father-daughter duo giggling and guffawing along with Karan Johar on his chat show. Sonam revealed that Anil is the most chilled out dad ever and Anil refused to accept that he looks old or has grown old over the years. Kapoor senior was being an absolute narcissist throughout the show but in a very cool and endearing way. The baap-beti spilled the beans about who calls the shots at home. They confessed that Sunita Kapoor – Anil’s wife and Sonam’s mother – is the one who takes charge of grooming everyone and taking care of everyone’s health.
While it was fun to see the crackling chemistry between the Kapoors, what was a li’l irritating though were Sonam’s critical remarks. Here are a couple of them from the show that prove that the babe has absolutely no ‘lagaam’ on her ‘zabaan’.
1) While the whole world is in awe of Deepika’s Padukone’s style, the babe feels that DP needs to create her own style rather than just wearing clothes that people make her wear. Now if being versatile fashion-wise is a crime, then I guess I am really short of words.
2) Now whatever Sonam meant when she said that Alia should dress her age and Parineeti should stop wearing tight clothes. Does she mean Ms Bhatt should start wearing teenybopper-ish ensembles on the red carpet and ditch those la-di-da stuff, what does she mean really? And I guess, Pari should only wear oversized crap from now on, this is not me, but Sonam-the fashionista- Kapoor saying.
3) When it comes to doling out unsolicited advice, Sonam is perhaps quite an expert. So Karan asks about Ranbir Kapoor, and pat come the reply from Ms K, “I think he should really settle down and get into a serious relationship.”
4) What’s so tacky about finding Sonam Nigam hot? Sonam confessed she finds him hot because of his voice; in the very next moment she bites her tongue out of guilt, as if she did the most uncool thing in the world. Guess, it’s super hard to match Sonam’s uber high standards, huh?
5) So Ms K thinks that people label only the ugly actors as good performers. Well, Sonam, what can I say, having an ugly face and great thespian skills is much better than having an infuriatingly squeaky voice and abysmal acting potential.
But if I had to point out the one thing I really loved about the confab was Sonam’s take on article 377. Love the way she doesn’t mince words and uses the platform she has been provided for spreading positive messages.