Colors channel Wednesday said officials would in prescribed time submit a response to a show cause notice from the ministry of information and broadcasting on the content of its reality show Bigg Boss – Saath 7.
Colors channel Wednesday said officials would “in prescribed time” submit a response to a show cause notice from the ministry of information and broadcasting on the content of its reality show “Bigg Boss – Saath 7”.
Ministry officials reportedly found the content was not suitable for unrestricted public viewing and thus, a notice was sent.
In response to the notice, the channel issued a statement here.
“Today, we have received a show cause notice on ‘Bigg Boss’ from the ministry of information & broadcasting (I&B), and we shall submit our response to the same within time limit prescribed by the ministry,” read the statement.
The channel claims to follow a “strict Standard & Practices (S&P) team, that does self-regulations, which works closely with the programming team on all aspects to ensure a safe family viewing experience”.
“As a responsible broadcaster, we are mindful of our audiences’ sentiments and respect the guidelines set by the I&B Ministry and BCCC (Broadcasting Content Complaints Council).
“Last year, the format of ‘Bigg Boss’ was changed to make it more ‘parivarik’ (suitable for family viewing) such that it is completely suitable for viewing across ages 7 years to 70 years. The casting of the show has also been done accordingly this year as well. And our efforts of making ‘Bigg Boss’ ‘parivarik’ has been applauded by all stakeholders in the broadcast industry,” the statement read further.
“Bigg Boss – Saath 7”, hosted by Bollywood star Salman Khan, features celebrities from all walks of life. Locked inside an isolated house, the participants are under the constant scanner via prying cameras installed all over.
The show went on air Sep 15.