Requirement In Hinduism, Mahabharata is one of the epics that focuses on knowledge and wisdom. This epic teaches different skills of survival as well as prosperity. On contrary, it also signifies on number 18, which is related to the flourishing of different phases escalates to wisdom and prosperity.
The 18 number and its importance have been specifically observed in different verses of the epic.
Facts that make number 18 auspicious
There are different reasons that have been indicated for the auspicious features of the number 18. The epic describing about Lord Krishna and Dharma has hidden its significance in the eighteen.
- Mahabharata and Bhagavad Gita is often linked to each other as Bhagavad Gita has 18 chapters. The 18-chapter verses are the statements of wisdom that have given victory to Arjuna.
- The epic defines the different requirements enough of Lord Krishna and also described his concept regarding the ability of man. He had pointed out about 18 traits that it is necessary for a man to be perfect for the ideal man.
- The great Epic War in Mahabharat lasted for 18 days.
- The creation of Mahabharat is entirely found rotating around the number 18. As there are 18 sections of the epic.
- There is a total of 18 Puranas picked from the traditional verses.
- In the great war of Kurukshetra, the total survivors were 18 Warriors.
- Mentioning about the ruling Pandavas, there was a time total of 36 years. Therefore it is twice as 18.
- While number 18 is described as auspicious, it is also found that the Akshauhini army had a chariot and elephant force of 21870. The horse force was 65610 and the number of soldiers fought was 109350 in number. It is the sum-up of 18.
- Once again after looking into doubling and summing up, it is seen that in the war of Kurukshetra Bhisma survived for 9 days.
- The Mathura and Yadavas were attacked for mama 18 times
- Kansa the evil man was killed by Krishna at age of very 18.
Number 18 seems to be a need in the epic as well as in Geeta Bhagavad. After defining knowingly and unintentionally the number itself flourished.