I am a HAPPY AND PROUD INDIAN and lucky that I live here!
Ask me why?
Well, I agree that right now with the ridiculous bans and a failing justice system, India may not seem like the best place to live in. But when you set aside the murky details and choose to look at the little and happy things around, you’ll realise that it may not be so bad after all.
Let us look at the brighter side and celebrate our Indianness with much fervour today.
Here are the 10 brilliant reasons to live in India.
- India is a democracy by far, at least by the law. That means you have the freedom to say or express your individuality without being held for treachery. Yes, it’s not the best we know, but at least it’s not China, where you could be killed for voicing out against the government.
- If you were in any other part of the world, you wouldn’t survive a day with mere 50 bucks in your pocket. But here in India you can enjoy two masala dosas or two vada paavs, or two patties, or two plates of chole kulche and two cups of chai with that much money throughout the day. Brilliant, isn’t it?
- Speaking about food, with all the cooking expert aunties in your neighbourhood, you know you’ll always have food around you, with all the love pouring down on you, if at all you are armed with good looks. 😀
- It’s okay to live with your parents till you are 30 or 40-years-old or even all your life, without being judged by your peers and the rest of the world. That means you can save a lot of money, by not having to pay for rent, food and electricity bills. We are a lucky bunch, aren’t we?
- If you don’t feel like doing your own chores (which we usually don’t, most of the times) you can always hire a maid and you don’t even have to be a millionaire to afford them; unlike other countries in the world. And guess what? Bonus for bachelor guys! *wink wink*
- Being in a prospective country like ours, nothing’s really impossible in India; you’ll always find some jugaad to get things done. Main koyi jhooth boleya? Koyi na bayi koi na! 😀
- India is such a vibrant land of festivals and colourful occasions throughout the year that it gives you so many holidays to look forward to. And if you don’t have a holiday, at least you can look forward to the yummy food and sweet treats from friends, family and colleagues, which are popular during that festival. A tumy full of good food says you are in a good country.
- Everyone and everything in this nation is so interesting and so over the top dramatic that you can never get bored or lonely at any given moment. Just sit by your window and watch how the world goes its way, in all its colourful and antic forms, so entertaining, so lively.
- We take ‘atithi devo bhava’ very seriously. Even if you enter a restaurant five minutes after the shutting hours they aren’t so rigid to shoo you off and leave you hungry. They would make sure to serve you a good plate of whatever leftovers are there.
- Last, but the best! Where else do you find Bollywood Masala Movies, the whole world is crazy about? In our very own India, where else! We are the proud creators, owners, and watchers of emblematic pelvic thrust and we love to practice them too! 😀
So now you know how lucky you are to be in this country! Do you need anymore reasons do be a happy and proud Indian?
Let’s celebrate our Desi Indianness!