Finally it is here folks! India now has the Samsung Galaxy 6!
The phone sports a whopping spec sheet yet its launch price is a little overwhelming for most people who are budget-conscious, especially when it comes to investing in a costly phone of such magnitude.
Here we help you analyze which is better, a Samsung Galaxy S6 or the iPhone 6.
Head to Head Comparisons
- Finally the prices for the new Samsung devices have been revealed yesterday!
- Samsung Galaxy S6 will retail for INR 49,900 and the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will retail for INR 58,900 whereas the Apple iPhone 6 currently retails at INR 56,500 for the 16 GB variant.
Size and Display
- Since both the phones have adopted a brand new design philosophy, they score big with larger displays and more intuitive features.
- Size wise, the S6 is 6.8mm thick and the iPhone is 6.9mm which is almost equal. However, the S6 is heavier at 138 grams in comparison to the iPhone 6 which weighs just 129 grams.
- For the display, Samsung’s S6 sports a 5.1 inch Quad HD Super-AMOLED screen that promises brilliant QHD resolution of 1440 by 2560 pixels with 577 PPI.
- The iPhone 6 is slightly smaller at 4.7 inches and a lower resolution of 750 by 1334 pixels with 326 PPI which makes Samsung win due to better colour reproduction and viewing angles. However, Apple isn’t far behind, their MacBook Retina Pro screens are the envy of most normal laptop users!
- Samsung’s S6 derives it juice from an 64-bit Octa-core Exynos 7420 processor clocked at 2.1 GHz + 1.5 GHz coupled with a whopping 3GB of RAM that spells out no lags or glitches while transitioning from one app to other, playing games or multitasking.
- The iPhone 6 has a measly offering with a dual-core 1.39 GHz A8 processor with just 1GB of RAM. The iPhone 6 may seem to appear slower due to the spec sheet but it isn’t. It performs remarkably well due to massive tweaking of the latest version of iOS 8.2.
- The Galaxy S6 comes with a 16 MP primary camera which has Optical Image Stabilization and live HRD video recording. The front cam comes with a 5 MP resolution with auto focus.
- The iPhone 6, comes with an 8 MP primary cam and a 1.2 megapixel front cam. The iPhone’s cameras are industry stalwarts but most people may not understand this and may compare this wrongly with the S6 camera.
- The Galaxy S6 comes with a 2,550 mAh battery which has a unique quick-charge function that lets you use the phone for four hours non-stop with a wireless charge of a mere 10 minutes. The phone’s charge normally lasts two days with moderate use.
- The iPhone 6 comes with a 1,810 mAh battery which is lesser than the S6 in capacity and runs almost a day.
- The Galaxy doesn’t have any expandable memory card slot in order to fit its massive battery yet keeping the phone really slim. The phone however comes in variants of 32GB/64GB/128GB.
- The iPhone 6 too has this problem and retails with 16GB/64GB/128GB versions.
- The Galaxy S6 runs on Android’s Lollipop with Samsung’s patented TouchWiz UI. The iPhone 6 runs on iOS version 8.2
- In terms of apps, Galaxy S6 wins handsomely due to more apps, mostly free available on the Google Play Store marketplace.
- iPhone 6 is currently behind due to lesser apps available, but since Apple has now invited third party developers to develop apps for this platform, more apps will soon show on the iTunes Store for sure.
To sum up, it is up to you which device you wish to invest your savings into. Normally, a phone sells over the other depending on its software offerings and its ability to handle multi-tasking apart from providing entertainment. In the end it all comes down to this, what serves your purpose better, try out both phones and invest wisely!