Obi Mobiles is all set to lure Indian customers with its flagship Octopus S520. Boasting of an 8 core processor and latest version of Android, this smartphone offers incredible features at a jaw-dropping price.
Obi Octopus S520 may not sound catchy, but then, what’s in a name?
One cannot ignore the specs offered by this budgeted smartphone from the house of Obi Mobiles.
In fact, it possesses almost all the ingredients of a perfect smartphone, ranging from an outstanding octa-core processor, to latest Android OS, bright 5-inch screen, dual-SIM functionality and much more. To top it all, the pricing is aggressive, and to some extent, scarcely unbelievable.
For those who aren’t aware, Obi Mobiles is a start-up company backed by former Apple CEO, John Sculley, and the launch of Obi Octopus S520 is the firm’s first step in the Indian market.
Listed below are 8 features of Obi Octopus S520 which signify why this handset is a one of the best options in the mid-range segment:
- The first thing that grabs attention is the powerful 1.7 GHz Media Tek octa-core processor which promises to deliver superior performance and smooth multitasking. Stuffed with 1 GB of RAM, the phone enables users to enjoy a seamless experience while browsing, playing, and watching videos.
- Following the trend of the latest budget phones, the Obi Octopus S520 runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS out-of-the-box.
- Sporting a vibrant 5-inch HD IPS display with 720×1280 pixel resolution, 294ppi pixel density, and wide viewing angles, the device renders crisp and clear images.
- In the camera department, there is an 8 MP snapper loaded with LED flash, while at the front rests a 2 MP shooter for clicking selfies and conducting video chats.
- On the storage front, the device ships with 8 GB of inbuilt-memory which is expandable up to 32 GB with the help of a MicroSD card. Connectivity suite of the phone includes 3G support for both SIMs, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Micro-USB, and GPRS/EDGE.
- Elegantly designed, the handset boasts of a full-aluminium back cover and 8.44 mm thickness profile.
- Other notable specs of Obi Octopus S520 include capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor, accelerometer, and many more. The company also offers some great accessories, such as, flip cover, screen protector, in-ear phones, and more.
- Available via popular on-line retail portal Snapdeal, the price of Obi Octopus S520 stands at around INR 11,990, which is truly spectacular considering the phone’s hardware and software.
However, the only disappointing aspect is the 1800 mAh of battery unit which offers merely 4 hours of talk time and 180 hours of standby time. Apart from that, the Obi Octopus S520 is definitely a tempting proposition for those who are on a restricted budget but wish to own a top-end Android phone.