Before there were treadmills and cycles, there was a practise called as ‘Surya Namaskar’.
Surya Namaskar, is an age-old practise which is a comprehensive exercise that contributes to mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. The namaskar is a bow to the Sun God or Surya and that’s why it is called as ‘Surya Namaskar’. It is normally performed early in the morning, at daybreak, or in the evening, when the sun is setting. Some also practise it with a specific breathing pattern and chanting of mantras.
So what are its advantages?
- Practicing the age-old exercise is beneficial for the health of digestive system. It stretches the abdominal muscles and also helps to lose excessive belly fat.
- Surya Namaskar is the ideal exercise to cope with insomnia and related disorders. It is known to calm the mind and get a sound sleep.
- Its regular practise is known to boost blood circulation and help prevent hair greying, hair fall and dandruff. It also improves the growth of hair.
- Who said fat loss can only be done with the use of cardio? Surya Namaskar helps you lose extra calories and reduce fat. Practicing Surya Namaskar is the easiest way to be in shape.
- Practising in the morning is of great use as it adds glow on your face by making facial skin radiant and ageless. It is the natural solution to prevent onset of wrinkles.
- It is also known to boost endurance power and gives vitality and strength. It also reduces the feeling of restlessness and anxiety.
- If you are having problems with the back or joints, not to worry as daily practice of Surya Namaskar makes the body flexible.
It also improves flexibility in spine and in limbs. Surya Namaskar also helps in detoxifying your body by getting rid of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases.
If one is to attain a ‘perfect body’ shape, the practise of Surya Namaskar is the ideal step to begin with. Start your day with the exercise and see the difference in your physical and mental state within a short period.