Kolkata Knight Riders might be having a time of their life in the current season of the Indian Premier League. The 2012 champions have been flying high in the seventh season of the IPL and are one of the challengers for the championship.
Kolkata Knight Riders might be having a time of their life in the current season of the Indian Premier League. The 2012 champions have been flying high in the seventh season of the IPL and are one of the challengers for the championship. But the main credit goes to the team owners who have brought the right amount of players. Their team owner – Shahrukh Khan is a Bollywood icon and has given many top hit movies in the Indian film industry. But even though the star has been at top notch in the movies, his character has flayed over the years as an IPL team owner. Why’s that? Here are the 10 reasons we feel SRK is a BAD team owner in the IPL:
1. SRK just hates oldies in his team. Rewind to the year 2011, when Shahrukh dumped former Indian captain, Sourav Ganguly from the Kolkata Knight Riders team which created a lot of furore in Kolkata. Since then, both the individuals have moved on with the issue but if some sources are to believe, ‘Dada’ is still miffed with Shahrukh Khan.
2. Controversy has never left the actor turned owner. Shahrukh was banned for five years from entering MCA premises, including the Wankhede Stadium, by the MCA itself after the former was allegedly involved in an ugly spat with a security staff and officials of the cricket body after his team’s victory over Mumbai Indians back in 2012. Even though the ban has been lifted, there are no assurances if the actor will produce any such incidents in the future.
3. How often have you seen SRK at the KKR games? Regularly? Nope. Instead of being for every game for his side, the so-called ‘owner’ remains unavailable for the games and his hardly seen cheering his team. If he is an actor, why take on the ownership of an IPL cricket side!
4. Shahrukh Khan is known to be a ‘chain smoker’ and that’s why we feel, the actor gives a wrong impression for his team.
5. SRK must take a leaf out of the foreign team owners. The likes of Glazers family (Manchester United) and Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) are neither actors nor they wave or kiss everytime the camera focuses on them. Stop it SRK! It’s high time you ended those waves.
6. A team owner never endorses brands but SRK does. He will appear with his cricketers and show off flashy mobile phones. Now, that’s unbearable.
So, with the above reasons, Shahrukh Khan is terminally a ‘bad owner’. He lacks discipline, hates old players and hardly comes to support his team. Thus, we feel SRK should stay at home when not acting, and quietly watch the IPL games rather than waving those hands at the camera or quietly smoking away from it.