Foods to eat this winter – You cannot fight chilled winds with just sweaters, blankets or blazers in winters. It’s quite important that you eat right so that your body is warm from inside and your energy levels are up.
So, here is a list of 10 Foods to eat this winter that will keep your body warm.
Foods to eat this winter –
- Jaggery: Jaggery is warm food plus it has many minerals and Vitamins and cures migraine, colds, asthma, indigestion, etc. So, consume Jaggery in winters you can eat Jaggery and sesame laddus, or sesame and jiggery chikki. Groundnut and Jaggery chiiki is also a good for your health.
- Nuts: Nuts like almonds walnuts are high in vitamins and anti-oxidants, this is one reason in many households laddus using dry fruits are prepared during winter. You can also take almond and walnut powder in milk.
- Ginger: Ginger has so many benefits it cures colds, cough, digestion, fever, acidity, etc. So, in winters add a dash of ginger to your green tea or normal tea or even coffee and your body will be warm from inside.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has inflammatory properties and keeps warm from inside this is one reason in extreme climatic conditions one pinch of turmeric is added in milk and taken every day.
- Dates: Dates are one among the super foods that are loaded with many Vitamins and Minerals apart from that dates keeps your body warm during winters and gives immense energy too.
- Honey: Yes honey is great for your body and skin when you mix it with ginger it keeps body warm. Milk, honey and turmeric are perfect to keep you warm.
- Lean meats: Meats keep body warm and has many other benefits too and hence in very cold places people eat meat regularly.
- Complex carbohydrates and whole grains: According to studies food with crabs require more energy to digest the food, so this generates heat in body.
- Pomegranate: If you observe carefully pomegranate looks like gems yes and these gems are very good for your health. Pomegranates contain Vitamin C and Vitamin K, Folate and potassium. This is perfect food to eat during winters
- Garlic: Garlic is very good for health it is good for heart, cures cold, cough, indigestion. Garlic produces heat in body hence is perfect for winters you can add garlic to soups, rasam, Garlic chutney, Sabji, dal it not only adds taste but will keep you warm.
- Fenugreek leaves or methi patta: Methi is rich in folic acid, Vitamin K, it produces red blood cells in body, it also increases heat in body and keeps body warm.
- Guava: Guava is rich in Vitamin C which increases immunity; Guava also has magnesium and Potassium which keeps your body warm.
So, these were Foods to eat this winter that keep you warm so have these and stay warm during winters.