Foods that should be consumed in small amounts – Some foods are really healthy and we know this since childhood, but what most of us do not know is there are certain foods that are super healthy and good only when they are consumed in small amounts they can be dangerous if you eat more.
Yes the popular saying “Too much of anything is bad” we often forget that and keep stressing on eating healthy foods all the time and some even over eat which isn’t good.
So, let’s see list of foods that should be consumed in small amounts and not in excess.
- Coconut water: this all natural drink hydrates body, refreshes and provides energy and many Vitamins and nutrients. No wonder it is very good for health but only when you drink less.
When you consume this in excess this can raise your sugar level, potassium level and weight too.
- Tuna: Tuna is considered very good for health as it is a source of fatty acids, protein and Omgega-3.
But this tuna has environmental pollutant called methylmercury which can be poisonous when consumed in large quantities. So, eat in moderate!
- Liver: We all know red meat and liver have many vitamins and nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin B, copper and Iron.
But do you know when you eat in excess same copper and vitamin A leads to neuro-degenerative changes, nausea and fragile bones. Eat but don’t over eat daily.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is considered very good for health this also lowers blood sugar and is rich in antioxidants, aids weight loss.
Cinnamon contains coumarin, which can cause cancer and liver toxicity when you take in large quantities.
- Milk: Milk is considered very healthy and from childhood we are hearing this and till date mom’s lecture on drinking milk as it has Vitamin D and calcium. Many moms don’t allow to leave house without drinking milk.
But consuming in excess causes inflammation and increases risk of bone breakage in women especially.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes we add in every Indian dish don’t we? As it adds taste and have many Vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, Vitamin C and Vitamin K, etc.
When consumed tomatoes in excess it leads to precancerous disease called Barretts Esophagus.
- Spinach: We are bored of hearing Spinach is very good, you should eat spinach, dal spinach soup, spinach curry, and what not as it has lots of Vitamins, Minerals, fibre, protein, etc.
But if you take this is in excess can form kidney stones.
- Bananas: One more food we are so tired of eating since childhood is Banana as it has fibre, potassium, minerals and many other nutrients.
But when you take in excess it can lead to hyperkalemia due to excess potassium which causes muscle, nerve and heart problems.
So, these were few Foods that should be consumed in small amounts avoid eating in excess as they serious health risks too.