A lowdown on the right print, fit, colour and style…
While printed jeans is hot on the trends list this season, it is quite easy to go wrong while styling it. Here are some pertinent tips that you must keep in mind to pick the right fit, print, upper and colour and rock the trend like a true fashion goddess.
1. Colour on colour: If you are choosing a darker colour as the base colour of your jeans, go for the prints in a similar shade of the colour or in complimenting hues. A darker pattern on a dark base shade gives the illusion on longer lengs and creates a flattering silhouette.
2. Small prints: Save the bold prints for dresses and uppers and stick to smaller, more definite prints for your jeans. The simple reason is that big prints draw attention to wherever they are and so if you strut around the city in a pair of well-fiited bold printed jeans, you are likely to draw attention to all the wrong parts. Also, a smaller print will give your look a fuss-free and chic look.
3. Easy on top: Look at solid tops to pair with your printed jeans. Firstly, it will make the jeans pop out from the entire look, which is why I am guessing you would be wearing it and secondly, if you wear a bust upper, it will create a puzzled, something-went-wrong look. Walking around in competeing patters should be the last thing in your mind. If you are feeling a bit experimental, pair a pinstriped shirt or a blouse with a small patterned jeans, but keep all your accessories simple.
4. Tailored: Skinny jeans have been there for a while, but a printed jeans will look better in a tailored fit. A well-fitted patterned jeans is different from a skin-tight and vacuum-sealed to your legs one. If you want to rock this trend, also refrain from wearing boot-cuts and wide-legged trousers.
5. No stripes: You can look at pinstripes but nothing bigger than that. You obviously wouldn’t want to look like a circus tent walking around. Bold stripes in monochromes look awesome on skirts and tops but impart an equally awful appearance to the wearer if they are on the trousers. The worst part is that they will make you look funny.