Master in Googling – Google is one of the most reliable and validated search engine ever in the history of the internet. it is specifically designed to show the result according to our need and even sometimes when we do not know the exact query what to be searched, by entering a few of the words related to query we get the result.
Here are a few of the tips it will change your Google search experience and you will use Google like a pro.
The search giant Google has its own pro’s and con’s means sometime really Google sucks when it don’t show the accrued search results. The problem behind all this is not using factual keyword in search if we will use the actual keyword in search then we could get more accurate and fast result. By using this tricks we could save our time and become a Master in Googling.
How to be a Master in Googling –
- Use double quote to search verbatim. For example, if I type “Computer Games” (with quotes) I will only get results containing Computer Games one after the other.
- Search within a website by typing “site:” followed by the URL of the site and your search terms.
- When searching for a blog or an article use “intitle:” which will only fetch pages with your search terms in its title.
- Use Google Advanced Book Search or Google Scholar when you are looking for technical publications. It also gives you an ability to easily cite the source.
- Find sites similar to the given website by using “related:”.
- In Google search comparing things is also very easy,to do so in search don’t need to type the word “difference between” just type “vs” It will show the exact answer
Ex : Rice vs Wheat
- Search for the specific file if you just search the particular file type then use this command Ex : *Search term here* filetype: pdf
- For searching Similar Words and Synonyms – use the tilde character ~ in front of the word. Ex: “inbound marketing”~professional
- If you want to search news in a specific reason or the specific location then type this command.Education location:London
- Everyone knows about in-search tools like Calculator, Stop Watch, Weather ,Flight,Timer,Translate ,StockJust type any name of the tool in search box.
Try all these and be a pro in Google search.
How technology works behind it?
Google’s search engine is a powerful tool. Without search engines like Google, it would be practically impossible to find the information you need when you browse the Web. Like all search engines, Google uses a special algorithm to generate search results.
Google uses automated programs called spiders or crawlers, just like most search engines. Also like other search engines, Google has a large index of keywords and where those words can be found. Google uses a trademarked algorithm called Page-rank, which assigns each Web page a relevancy score.
A Web page’s Page-rank depends on a few factors:
The frequency and location of keywords within the Web page: If the keyword only appears once within the body of a page, it will receive a low score for that keyword.
How long the Web page has existed: People create new Web pages every day, and not all of them stick around for long. Google places more value on pages with an established history.
The number of other Web pages that link to the page in question: Google looks at how many Web pages link to a particular site to determine its relevance.
These are the ways you can become a Master in Googling – Whenever we use these tricks in search engines,it starts acting like a super algorithm tool which would only pick those keyword and phrases which will be used to ask.
Special Note-these tricks are not only for the Google search engine but also for the all other search engines which are available in the market, these all tricks will work and will give you the appropriate result.