Winning Travel Photographers Of 2017 – Firstly, let me tell you, that the photographs are truly mesmerizing.
You’ll love them a lot.
National Geographic announced the winner and best travel photos of 2017, and as always, the photographs are stunning.
Sergio Tapiro Velasco from Mexico was awarded with the grand prize. The photo clicked by him shows the moment an erupting volcano was hit by a bolt of lightning.
Here it is and the photo is titled as “The Power of Nature” –
Isn’t it spectacular? Just WOW, right?
Here’s what he said about the photograph “When I looked on the camera display, all I could do was stare. What I was watching was impossible to conceive, the image showed those amazing forces of nature interacting on a volcano, while the lightning brightened the whole scene. It’s an impossible photograph and my once in a lifetime shot that shows the power of nature.”
The photograph is seriously STUNNING.
Now that he won the prize of $2500 and a 10 day trip for two, he is happy. Isn’t it good?
Other than that; National Geographic awarded prizes for photographs in three categories — Nature, People and Cities.
So, let’s check ‘em out –
- Mount Bromo is a small but active volcano on East Java, Indonesia
- Marble Caves, Chile
- Forest Of The Fairy, Japan
- Buffed Tailed Coronet, Ecuador
- American crocodiles gather along the bank of the Tarcoles River, Costa Rica
- Swans glide over the water in Kabukurinuma, Osaki, Japan
- Caribbean reef sharks, Cuba
- Sand Porter, Bangladesh
- Bridging Generation, New Delhi, India
- Blessings At Besakih, Bali
- Curious eyes looking at me through the misty window, Gazipur, Bangladesh
- Workship, Turkey
- Crowd of spectators, Amsterdam
- Under The Wave, Fiji
- Rainbow-coloured market stalls, Bangkok, Thailand
- Football Field, Norway
- City library in Stuttgart, Germany
- Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates.
- Colorful Apartment, Kiagata, Gifu, Japan
- Walled City, Hongkong
This is all about Nat Geo’s ” Winning Travel Photographers Of 2017 “. Any thoughts on these photos? Comment below.