After the demonetisation, ban of Rs 1000 and 500 notes and issue of new 200 rupees note in India, here comes the new 200 rupees note.
The Reserve Bank of India is said to release the denomination of 200 rupees.
This denomination of 200 is going to get popular as there are no other denomination notes in between 500 and 1000 rupees notes.
The RBI said in an release that, ‘it will release Rs 200 denomination banknotes on August 25th, 2017 that bears the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, the Governor of Reserve Bank of India and some banks’.
By now you must be all anxious to know more about this new note and its features. And so, here are the features of the new 200 rupees notes.
Front view of the new 200 rupees note:
- Dimensions of this note will be 66mm X 146mm.
- The base colour of the note is said to be in bright yellow.
- The new note will be released with the new Mahatma Gandhi series, with a signature of Governor of RBI.
- The numerals of denomination are said to be in Devanagari script.
- The note has security thread that changes from green to blue.
- We see the Ashoka pillar at the right of the note.
- There is a number panel with numerals that is growing small to big on the top left and bottom right sides of the notes.
- We also see a electro type watermark along with the numeral denomination to the right of the note.
Reverse view of the 200 rupees note:
- To the left on the reverse of the note, we see the year of printing of these notes.
- Next to it, we find the language panel.
- And them comes the Motif of Sanchi Stupa.
- The reverse side of the note has also got numerals written in Devanagari script.
The note was the fourth new, when Prime Minister Narendra Singh Modi called for the demonetisation and ban of 1000 and 500 rupees notes, that paved a way to wipe out about 85 percent of the notes in circulation.
The New 200 Rupees Note is said to have advanced security features that prevented counterfeiting. So, another new note on its way to reach us all and help us in bridging the shortage of small currency denomination notes.
Glad, welcoming the new 200 rupee note!!