Quotes that define feminism – We have all been hearing a lot about the word ‘feminism’ these days.
A lot of men complain that this term is women centric, while there are others who are supporting it in full power.
Well, don’t you think we needed feminism after what the women have faced from last few centuries in this world?
The term feminism is labelled this way because it’s women who were oppressed and to bring equality in both the sections, you have to empower the weaker one. So, it means nothing but merely equality between both the sexes in every corner of the world. And if you cannot accept feminism, then you are probably a male chauvinist who has loved oppressing women all his life.
So, just to clear the concept of feminism in a better way to you, here are some of the Quotes That Define Feminism.
Quotes That Define Feminism –
1. “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.”
― Jane Austen, Persuasion
2. “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
― Rebecca West
3. “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.”
― Gloria Steinem
4. “It’s not my responsibility to be beautiful. I’m not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.”
― Warsan Shire
5. “If particular care and attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, and will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in which we have no voice or representation.”
― Abigail Adams
6. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who’s confronted with it. We need equality. Kinda now.”
― Joss Whedon
7. “To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens
These Quotes That Define Feminism – These quotes are just an example of what feminism is and why it is much needed in our society. But to clear you for one more time, it has nothing to do with making women superior over men. In fact, it is all about making men and women stand equally with each other to fight all the odds together as human beings and not as men or women.