Open Relationship – What is open relationship? “It is a marriage or a relationship in which both partners agree that each may have sexual relations with others.”
Now, you would think that why will any couple agree to do something like this? But honestly, there are many couples out there who agreed to have this deal. It might sound a bit risky but yet there are many who took the risk. Now IF you’re wondering how that works out, then let me tell you that it all depends. On Reddit, there are many who spilled how the idea OF “open relationship” turned out to be for them.
- Trying an open marriage was the last nail in the coffin for us. I have since been in relationships that allow group sex (including current one) but won’t ever do an open marriage or relationship again. Current GF has slept with 6 other guys in front of me and gave one guy a blowjob when I was in the other room and that last one was the one I ended up having the most issue with.
- When I did it, we decided neither of us wants to know or meet the side people, and to always use c—-oms.
- I’m not married yet, but later this year it’ll go from open relationship to open marriage. We’re pretty lax, Few rules.
Always use protection.
No romantic relationships without permission.
Primary partner (each other) always comes first.
I need to know every detail.
- It went okay for a while, but just became more trouble than it was worth. It seemed my husband and I were ready to quit at the same time. I think a lot of people go into it thinking it’s all going to love and sex, and forget about all the drama of any relationship. It gets tiresome.
- Healthy and happy. We can have fun, although I have far more fun than her apparently, but we love each other most at the end of the day. Been together for 22 years.
- It destroyed my marriage. Long story short, she realized she married too young and now she wants her freedom.
- Have been in an open marriage for 14 years. We have a strict “don’t ask, don’t tell” agreement, a strict “never without protection” agreement, and a strict “never do stupid shit that we’ll have to explain to our family, friends, and acquaintances” agreement. We both travel a fair amount for work (8 to 12 weeks per year).
- Fairly well actually. We’ve been together 14 years so far with basic ground rules. We’re gay so thankfully pregnancy is a non-issue.
Anyway, the rules.
We both need to know the person and agree playing is fine. No surprises.
The other person needs to be clean, that means a blood test.
The other person needs to be either single or in an open relationship as well.
The other person needs to be emotionally mature enough.
And that’s pretty much it. Personally I’ve never really understood the stigma against it in modern times. “Fucking for fun might be the last legal drug” etc etc.
Open Relationship : You see; it’s all about how open-minded and most importantly, COMFORTABLE you are with seeing each-other with other people.