Being socially awkward people is not a crime, but there are instances when individuals tend to put their foot in their mouth leading to uncomfortable meetings.
“Hi. I’m Chandler and I make jokes when I’m uncomfortable.”
This quote comes from the popular American sitcom FRIENDS, which aired in America from 1994 to 2004….and is still shown on Indian TV channels (damn, the reruns).
Being socially awkward is not a crime, but there are instances when individuals tend to put their foot in their mouth leading to uncomfortable meetings.
When you are one of these persons, you possess a set of distinctive characters that set you apart from the rest of the crowd –
1. When you are the centre of attraction, you have no idea how to react. You end up making a gesture that makes you look more awkward than usual.
2. In an attempt to mix with the crowd, you attempt taking a selfie, but never succeed even after multiple attempts.
3. It goes without saying that your group photos are a disaster. You have no idea what everyone is gonna do; so, you end up doing your thing.
4. Again, with socialising not being your forte, you end up having conversations with less or no eye contact whatsoever.
5. You have no idea how to accept accolades or at times, you end up saying thanks when someone else is being appreciated.
6. Flirting is an art that you are yet to master. During attempts, you end up making a complete fool of yourself.
7. When someone you don’t know strikes up a conversation, you have no idea how to react.
8. Dancing at weddings and social events is always awkward.
9. When you are in a relationship, posing for a non-awkward picture is out of the question.
Remember, being socially awkward is fine. All you require is time to adjust to the social change for things to fall in place.