Nowadays, it is very common to hear the term “Ladies first” and why not, people have taken it so damn seriously. Don’t you agree? Even you must’ve used it in your life. Right? I totally believe that this phrase is almost a rule now.
You know, for men it acts like a perfect saying to show off how “Gentle-man” they are in front of ladies. And on the other side, a woman also feels good to see her man being totally nice to her. Ladies, don’t you agree on that? I’ll guess you do.
So it is a happy feeling to use this term. Right? But, don’t you wanna know how this term came into existence. I bet you want too.
I did my research to find who that beautiful person was; but based on the various sources I couldn’t found ONE relatable story. But guess what, there are actually 3 of ‘em which seemed realistic & many do believe them so I want you to know ‘em too.
- Chivalry: – It is said that it was a concept that was used by men to protect women. There are 2 stories people believe that fall under the chivalrous act: –
- In the ancient past, when cave dwellers used to hear sound from the outside then they used to send women first so that being a man they can attack bears and wild animals from behind.
- During middle age knights, all the men use to throw their coat over a puddle of mud to allow a woman to pass over the other side safely.
- A story in Italy: – Two lovers who were in love with each other once decided to get married. But, due to the social circumstances their relatives didn’t approved their marriage proposal. In the wake of this, they decided to die together and so the plan of throwing themselves into the sea developed.
The man decided to go first because he couldn’t see his lover drowning in front of him. And thus, he jumped into the sea first. Now it was her turn, but she stood there and decided NOT to jump and she returned back home.
So, I think after this incident all the men decided to play safe. (Wink!)
- Women and Children First: – Many believe that this term was originated to save the lives of women and children from any life-threatening situations. Thus, in titanic 74% women were saved, 52% children were saved but only 20% of men were saved.
Now, which one seems more realistic to you? Choice is YOURS.
But hey, don’t you get into believing the present generation joke on “Ladies first”. I’m sure you must’ve heard this one – It is just a nice way of saying “Let me look at your ass while you walk in front of me”.
Any thoughts? Let us know in comments below.