Quick, easy-to-follow tips to give your Sunday omelette brunch a wholesome, yummy twist…
It is a morning ritual, especially during weekends, to freshen up, break some eggs and whip them up for fluffy omelettes. And on other days, it is most comforting and easiest to fall back on eggs when you don’t see any other hope of meal. Even if you never get bored of eating the same omelette everyday, it is quite fun and exciting to give it a yummy twist, at times. Follow our easy steps to treat yourself to a scrumptious surprise.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and throw in some chopped tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Season well with herbs, salt and pepper, and use it as a filling for your omelette. You also grate some cheese over it.
- While your omelette is still cooking in the pan, grate some cheese over it, sprinkle oregano, and a pinch of salt. Do not turn it over in the pan now and let it cook to a golden perfection from the base. Remove from heat when the cheese has melted and it develops a slightly crisp crust.
- Chop some veggies like cabbage, cauliflower, onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and whatever catches your fancy. Toss slightly in olive oil with herbs, pepper and salt. When your omelette is still being cooked, throw in these veggies and grate some cheese. Roll the omelette and savour to your heart’s content.
- Get your hands on some cherry tomatoes and green olives. Cut tomatoes into two halves and slice olives into roundels. Use them as toppings for your omelette and remember to add them on to it while it is still on the stove. You can also grate some cheese and let the base develop a slight crusty texture, and enjoy it like a tortilla.
- Prepare a quick kimchi salad and for the recipe, click here. Spoon a thick layer of it on the omelette while it is still cooking and roll it. Enjoy your kimchi omelette with a nice, saucy dip or all by itself.
Do let us know by commenting if you have some interesting omelette recipes and how you like our tips.