Hyderabad drug case – To fans like you and me, it is a tremendous shock! Why did people associated with the movie industry feel the need to become involved in a drug racket?
Outlined below are all the sensational facts related to Tollywood’s tryst with substance abuse and Hyderabad drug case.
Hyderabad drug case –
- Maybe, just maybe, no one would have obtained a hint of what was going on, if over 1,000 students studying in various schools and colleges had not been found to be using drugs. Some of them were as young as 13 years of age!
- As soon as the Prohibition and Excise Department of Telangana got wind of the matter, it sent out notices to more than 50 colleges and schools. Both, the institutions and parents have been warned to keep students away from substances like LSD, cocaine in future.
- Were people in the Telugu film industry aware of what was happening? Looks like it, for the Movie Artists’ Association or MAA had suggested that drug abusers in the industry mend their ways.
- Even D. Suresh Babu, the President of the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce had stepped in, stating that the image of the industry would be tarnished, thanks to the misbehaviour of some individuals.
- More recently, Allu Aravind, a film producer issued a public statement about ten drug abusers, who had acquired the habit from their counterparts in Bollywood. He hinted that even the state government was monitoring the activities of various people.
- The drug abusers gave themselves away via their frequent calls to Calvin Mascarenhas, Bernard Wilson and Zeeshan Ali. They are drug dealers. The investigators realised this by checking the offenders’ call data on their mobiles.
- Reputed personalities like Ravi Teja, Tarun Kumar, A. K. Nandu, Charmee Kaur, Subbaraju, Chinna Dharmarao, Mumaith Khan, Shyam K. Naidu, P. Navdeep and Puri Jagannadh have been asked to present themselves before the Special Investigation Team of the Enforcement Wing (Prohibition and Excise Department) on July 19 and 27, 2017.
- Female actresses are no exception 2 names doing the rounds are of Charmee kaur and Mumaith Khan who are also said to be involved in drug taking case.
This is Hyderabad drug case – Some are in the denial mode, stating that they are innocent. However, only time will tell who is guilty and who is not guilty.