We all have our own quirks and obsessions. There are times we can go to any length to justify our fixation for certain things, and there are also many of us who don’t care to explain our eccentricities to other people.
We all have our own quirks and obsessions. There are times we can go to any length to justify our fixation for certain things, and there are also many of us who don’t care to explain our eccentricities to other people. Well, there exists a clique of die-hard Bollywood lovers who are unabashedly loyal to the ridiculous world of song and dance. But what is it that sets us apart from others. What is it that makes us a true-blue Hindi movie fiend? Here are a couple of signs that will help you decide if you really are infected by a virus that makes you enjoy odd things packaged in a frightfully fancy way on the big screen…
1) When you walk into a dance club and you realise they are playing yawn-inducing Trance music. You find it so ‘ear bleeding-ly’ boring that you walk up to the DJ and ask him to lighten up and play some fast-paced Hindi songs instead. Yes, the sophisticated crowd and the DJ give you the nastiest look ever, considering your request as sheer sacrilege. That’s when you know you are a silly Bollywood fan.
2) You are at a larger-than-life Indian wedding and while everyone is dancing like a normal person, conforming to the rules of decent ‘booty-shaking’, you out there are shaking a leg with not a care in the world, doing a Shahrukh-esque stretching your arms in the air step, or maybe a ‘thrusting your palms against an invisible force’ – Ek pal ka jeena hai move. That’s when you know you are a ‘crazy in the head Bollywood junkie’.
3) You go for an overnight at a friend’s place and while everyone discusses the ‘new and oh-so-critically acclaimed’ Oscar flicks, you develop a sudden itch to talk about Saif Ali Khan’s famous ‘stammering over the phone’ dialogue in Dil Chahta Hai. If people entertain you or not, that’s a different story altogether…
4) When you wait for every Friday with bated breath, wondering which film you are going to watch this week, that’s when you know that your grey cells are going all haywire, creating havoc in that brain of yours.
5) You are in the theatre, watching a movie you waited for weeks to hit the screens, and somehow that’s the time people distract you the most. From entering late and stepping on your toes to get to their seats or talking on the mobile phone at the highest possible decibel level; they do it all. If you pick a fight with someone for ruining your blissful mood, you know you are nothing but a whacky cinema fan.