The verdict is out!
The people of India have spoken again according to an ET report and it seems that Maruti Suzuki is winning the sales race for the 12th year in a row!
However, the top 10 has changed in comparison to sales figures of February 2014.
- Maruti Suzuki still continues to dominate the standings with clinching the top-four positions in this category with the highly popular models of Alto, Swift, DZire and Wagon-R holding their stand. DZire has seen a drop a fall in sales compared to the other models that are doing very well amongst the consumers.
- Maruti Suzuki’s Celerio model has been relegated to the last spot in the top-10 since it sold only 6772 units in comparison to 7323 units last year when it was at the 7th position in the standings. The Ciaz has exited the standings owing to poor branding and customer recognition.
- Hyundai, the Korean manufacturer is seeing a superb surge in sales this year with three models especially the Elite i20 giving tough competition to the Maruti Suzukis. Each of their models are ranked at the 5th, 6thand 8th spots with the Elite i20, Grand i10 and the Eon holding tough competition to the Mahindra Bolero that is on the 7th
- The Grand i10 has seen a dip in sales in comparison to last year when they sold 10,576 units in lieu of 8687 units this year. The Eon compact hatch-back is staying strong at the 8th position with a minor sales drop of 312 units to rake in sales of 7200 units this year.
- The Mahindra Bolero which sold 8607 units till February in comparison to 9137 units last year sees a staggering drop from 5th position to 7th owing to Hyundai’s sudden surge in the market, especially due to the brand new launch of the Elite i20 that has taken customers scooting towards the Hyundai showrooms due to its fuel efficiency and safety features.
- The Honda Amaze comes in at 9th position registering sales of 7613 units compared to 7213 units last year which is a very welcome sign for the amazingly performing car.
- The Honda City and Maruti Suzuki Omni that were 9th and 10th last year do not figure in this list due to launch of newer, better-looking models and dwindling sales.
Here Is The Complete Top-10 Listing With Number Of Units Sold:
- Maruti Suzuki Alto –25673
- Maruti Suzuki Swift – 19546
- Maruti Suzuki DZire – 14533
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R –14315
- Hyundai Elite i20 – 10264
- Hyundai Grand i10 – 8687
- Mahindra Bolero – 8607
- Hyundai Eon – 7200
- Honda Amaze – 7163
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio – 6772
If you are a customer looking forward to buying your dream car, keep in mind that more models are going to be released within this year which are bound to change these demographics. Go for the car you love and not according to the sales figures you see above.