Our very own Prime Minister broke his own record by giving a 96 minutes long Independence Day Speech , which is the longest ever by any Prime Minister.
Well, he is undoubtedly a great speaker and not even a single second passes by in his speeches where we don’t feel the energy.
But I am sure, there are some of you who just cannot handle long speeches, right? No issues, we have got it covered for you.
Here are the top 10 things Narendra Modi said in his Independence Day speech that you shouldn’t miss:
- “I have tried to adopt the strategy of ‘Reform, Perform and Transform’; tried to avoid populism.”
- “In the field of solar power, we have seen an unprecedented growth of 116%. We are committed to enhancing use of Solar power in the country”
- “Earlier, the income tax refund used to take a lot of time; today it takes not more than three weeks. Passports used to take months and now you citizens can get passports in few weeks too.”
- “In the last 60 years, 14 crore were given gas connections, while my government provided gas connections to over four crore people in just 60 weeks.”
- “The onus is on the 125 crore people of India to convert this ‘Swaraj’ into ‘Surajya’. From Parliament to panchayats, gram pradhans to the prime minister, everyone has to fulfill their responsibilites. Only then will the dream of surajya come true.”
- “Country will not yield to terrorism and extremism, youth should shun violence and return to mainstream. People of Balochistan, Gilgit and PoK have thanked me a lot in past few days, I am grateful to them.”
- “It’s easy to keep account of the work done by the government, but it is difficult to have in-depth knowledge of those initiatives. Today, more than ‘Karya’, I want to talk about ‘Karya Sanskriti’ of the government.”
- “We remember Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Patel, Pandit Nehru, countless people who sacrificed their lives so that we attained Swarajya.”
- “There was a time when the government was surrounded by allegations, but now the government is surrounded by expectations.”
- “We have brought inflation rate below 6 per cent; I will continue to work to ensure food plate of poor is not affected by inflation.”
What do you think about these highlights from Independence Day Speech ? Let us know in comments below.