We couldn’t even hold a pencil properly when we were three years old and look at this rising star of Indian archery – she just set a national record at this tender age!
Dolly Shivani Cherukuri is a barely three-year old prodigal daughter of India hailing from Andhra Pradesh, who has recently set a national record by becoming the youngest Indian ever to score over 200 points in the five and seven-meter distance markup and has now been officially inducted into the India Book of Records for commendable feat.
- She took up archery when she was barely a few months old!
- She is about to turn three years old! She has mastered archery at this tender age already rivalling the most prolific archers of our country who themselves have been unable to achieve this feat in their entire career span!
- Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury from the India Book of Records says that this will be a difficult record to break for a long time since many toddlers in India cannot even hold a toy bow and arrow set properly whereas Dolly uses professional gear and manages to hit the target almost all the time.
- For the record, she fired 72 arrows in 24 attempts over the 5-metre and 7-metre distances and successfully hit a cumulative score of 200+.
- Her deceased brother, Cherukuri Lenin, was also an archer of international repute and also served as an Indian archery coach. Her father, Cherukuri Satyanarayana runs the VIjaywada Volgra Archery Academy in Andhra Pradesh to promote talents like Dolly who need a platform to showcase their skill.
- She is a surrogate-mother born baby but her love for archery seems to stem from her family who have nurtured her to this immaculate level of perfection.
- Her demeanor and poised determination is awe-inspiring and behaves like a pro-archer is expected to act like. She uses internationally approved gear like a pro uniform, chest guards, finger taps and high quality arrows. She does all this on her own!
- Her father is an excellent coach for her who has trained prolific compound archers representing India at the Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and the Summer Olympics like Vennam Jyothi Surekha
- Chittibomma Jignas, Mangal Singh Champia and Ritul Chatterjee.
- They plan to increase her distance every two metres in a span of two months to help her aim further.
Her father has high hopes from her and expects her to play for the Indian team by 2020. India’s performance in archery is already top-notch. With Dolly’s probable inclusion in the Indian Archery Team in the distant future, Indian Archery is all set to rule the world!
Kudos to this tiny ace who made her country proud at this tender age!