et ready India!
India Will Host T20 World Cup 2016
It’s time to bleed blue again! It’s World Cup fever time… in INDIA! Start saving money now; the Twenty20 World Cup tournament comes back to Indian in 2016
The International Cricket Council has confirmed its decision that India will host the next Twenty20 World Cup in 2016. The tournament was awarded to India in 2013, however the dates have been approved now. The tournament will be held from March 11 to April 3. Ireland and Scotland have been selected to host the qualifiers from July 6- July 26 within this year.
The ICC board also undertook an important decision in this first meeting of 2015 by reinstating the Super Over which helps break a deadlock situation if both teams have tied scores at the end of the final match. This is akin to the ICC Cricket World Cup fixtures where similar rules applied to the tournament.
The ICC Board also moved forward with a befitting change to the righteous application of the ICC’s Code of Conduct against offences that relate to bowling slow over-rates in ICC events. The new decision has eased burden on team captains by not carrying over any prior ‘strikes’ (over-rate offences) or over-rate suspensions from other series played by the specific country. This new change will suspend a captain from playing in an ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 match if the over-rate offence is committed during the course of the tournament.
Over-rate ‘strikes’ that were committed prior to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 will simply be carried forward to the first bilateral series being played right after the event by the accused nation.
The Board also raised concern over player safety keeping in mind the tragic death of Australian batsman Phillip Hughes during a first-class match where he was rendered unconscious after being hit by a bouncer and later succumbed to a concussion. ICC-supported research projects will soon be implemented to according to British safety standards introduced recently to improve the safety of cricketing helmets.
The ICC Board has also extended its due support for the officiating umpires in the tournament for keeping poor player behaviour in check.
Some other tournament dates were also announced at the meeting. They are enlisted below:
- The 2016 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup will be hosted by Bangladesh from 22nd January to 14th February 2016
- The 2017 Champions Trophy will be hosted in England between June 1st and June 19th, 2017
- The 2017 Women’s World Cup between August 4th and August 27th, 2017 will also be held in England
- The 2018 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup will be hosted by New Zealand from 22nd January to 14th February 2018
- The 2018 ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifiers will be held in Bangladesh from 1st March and 4th April 2018
- The 2018Women’s World Twenty20 will be hosted by the West Indies between November 2ndand November 25th, 2018
- The2019 50-over World Cup will be held in England from May 30th to June 15th, 2019
For all Indian fans, all we can say is gear up to cheer as loud as you can… the Men in Blue need your wishes! The fight will be tough, support our team to the maximum. Cheer hard, celebrate even harder when we bring back the World Cup! Bleed Blue!