For many people, education is two different things – one is the ‘general studies’ we all loathe (at least the lazy ones amongst us really do!) and the other is the real-world edification we receive in day-to-day life – things we learn as we do.
A successful and happy life is perhaps a perfect blend of both.
No person can go ahead in life if he focuses only on bookish knowledge or all-out philanthropies! You need to know how to mix the two in order to go ahead in life without giving a damn about people who hurt you.
Proper education with an open-minded attitude is what will take you a long way…
Here are 10 Hilarious Quotes by famous personalities that will tell you how education helps you become better and wise and inspire you to take education (bookish and real-world) seriously:
- “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad” – Miles Kington
- “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” – Maimonides
- “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”–Aristotle
- “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” – B. F. Skinner
- “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” – Winston Churchill
- “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” – Bruce Lee
- “The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.” – Confucius
- “College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture.”– Elbert Hubbard
- “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” – Sydney J. Harris
For most youth, bookish knowledge is a ‘curse’, later do they realize that without basic education, you can go ahead in life only until a certain milestone. Sometimes, credible data needs to be backed-up with philanthropy to make a mark.
Our advice is, take education seriously. Your mummy and daddy did so and fed you thanks to that! It is now time to grow up and take steady aim at your life’s goal/s. Don’t fret! Study hard, without studies money does not come in! If it does, you are probably a silver-spoon-in-the-mouth offspring of some honcho, but don’t forget, it is your daddy who pays the bills, not you.
Take some inspiration from these quotes and become a go-getter!
Life does not give you opportunities, you grab them when you can!