The reason for BJP’s dilemma and delay is simple, the candidate should be able to stand against three term CM Shiela Dikshit and anti-corruption crusader Arvind Kejriwal.
The Bhartiya Janata Party has been brainstorming for quite some time over who should be its candidate for Delhi chief minister post.
The reason for its dilemma and delay is simple- the candidate should be able to stand against three term CM Shiela Dikshit and anti-corruption crusader Arvind Kejriwal.
When BJP appointed Vijay Goel as its Delhi faction’s chief, the Delhites were yet not able to accept him. As various poll surveys indicated towards rise in BJP’s vote share in the capital, it also showed that Goel was not the popular choice per se.
The possibility of Dr Harshvardhan anointed as BJP’s CM candidate picked up pace when such stories surfaced. But Goel stood adamant saying that he will resign from the post if Harshvardhan is nominated.
Till the latest news reports, Goel has however denied from the reports of his resignation if Harshvardhan is chosen over him. But BJP is still taking time while it is pretty much clear that Dikshit will be Congress’ choice and Kejriwal for AAP.
Here is why BJP should not wait anymore and anoint Dr Harshvardhan as its CM candidate:
1. He is a practicing ENt surgeon who has a clean image of an honest politician.
2. He designed and drove the marvelous pulse polio campaign in his capacity of health minister in the NDA government. The programme was adopted and run throughout the country.
3. He has a very good work experience. He has served on various posts in the capacity of health minister, education minister, law minister in Delhi government of NDA.
4. He has never lost an election to the Vidhan Sabha.
5. He is respected by everybody in BJp and RSS due to his sincerity and integrity.