This year, the MWC – Mobile World Congress held in Barcelona was like a dream come true for people who love to invest in futuristic phones. Yes! Some of the phones launched this time have simply outdone the concept of mundane and run-of-the-mill phones. The phones mentioned below have something ‘unique’ in them:
ZTE Grand S3
- As far as the tag ‘unique’ for a smartphone goes, the ZTE Grand S3 is simply mind-blowing! It is the only smartphone in the world to feature an iris scanner which is powered by a patented Eyeprint ID sensor called the EyeVerify.
- Using this feature, you can unlock your phone by simply glancing at the handset and waiting for authentication confirmation. It also works for people who wear spectacles!
- In the specifications department, it sports a 2.5 GHz quad-core processor with 3 GB of RAM, a 5.5-inch Full HD 1080p display and a whopping 16GB of internal memory expandable up to 64GB via an external MicroSD card. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat and has a 16 MP rear camera with an 8 MP front camera.
- To power it, a humongous 3100mAh battery has been supplied to keep it running all day.
Samsung Galaxy S6 –Edge
- Some people may call it a copy of the Samsung Galaxy S6, but the real beauty that this phone sports is a curved display on each of its sides; one step ahead of the Galaxy Note Edge.
- The beauty of the phone is that the sides of the phone’s display act as a notification announcer thanks to a new feature called ‘Edge Lighting’, even when the phone is kept upside down! You can also launch applications with just one swipe.
- The phone has a Gorilla Glass 4 display and a totally metal uni-body design made out of airplane manufacturing grade aluminium that is also covered with Gorilla Glass to enhance its robustness.
- The phone sports 5.1-inches Quad-HD Super AMOLED display that offers great viewing angles. The internal features include the latest Samsung Octa-core processor running at a quad 2.1 GHz and quad 1.5 GHz frequency coupled with 3 GB of RAM.
- It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and comes in 32 GB\64 GB\128 GB internal memory variants. It is powered by a 2,600mAh battery.
Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
- Sony’s latest mid-range smartphone called the Xperia M4 Aqua is completely water and dust resistant. Since it has successfully passed all the rigours of the IP65/IP68 certification, the phone can withstand any kind of beating; even sand!
- The phone features a display of 5-inches that offers 720p HD quality viewing angles. Underneath, it has Snapdragon 615 Octa-core processor couple with 2GB of RAM and runs on Android Lollipop.
- The phone has a 13 MP rear cam and a 5 MP cam upfront.
- The phone has 8 GB\16GB of internal storage, which is expandable via a miscroSD card.
- The phone comes with a 2,400 mAh battery.
- This phone as touted to be the most secured smartphones ever made! Since it runs on a proprietary PrivatOS 1.1, the owner of the phone has access to features like segregating the ‘Spaces UI’ differently multiple users.
- It also allows the user to assign different login IDs for different areas of the secured device.
- The phone sports a 5.5-inches full-HD display. It is covered with Gorilla Glass 3 to enhance the displays scratch-resistance.
- The primary specs are a 64-bit Octa-core processor running on 3 GB of RAM and LTE support.
- The phone comes with a 3,060mAh battery.
Alcatel OneTouch Idol-3
- The Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 is a phone for the lazy people! You can answer the phone if it is upside down! Thanks to a unique concept called a ‘reversible side’, the phone can be answered both ways – it’s no rocket science, they simply gave the phone two pairs of mics and speakers on either side.
- The phone has a 5.5-inches full-HD IPS display and runs on a Snapdragon-615 Octa-core processor with 2GB of RAM.
- It has a 13 MP rear cam and an 8 MP front cam.
- The phone comes in two variants with 16/32GB internal storage choices.
- The battery supplied with the phone is rated at 2,910mAh.
Gone are the days of buying ‘normal’ phones, this is the era of unique phones that do something special in order to enhance your mobile using experience. Not only do they bolster security options on your personal phone, but they also sport ruggedness and usability that weren’t available in their erstwhile models.
A worthy investment after all!