Whether or not you suffer from cynophobia is an all together different discussion. Many people are such that their fear of dogs gets the best of them.
If you are one of the individuals belonging to the latter category, even the sight of a dog walking towards you can force you to change your path instantaneously.
Not all dogs are perilous to humans, but one such thought can be the outcome of a prior experience you might have come across in the near past or your childhood.
These are certain emotions that you face when dogs scare you shitless –
1. You perceive dogs as being unpredictable. You can never tell what they are thinking and the thought of whether they might attack you or not keeps you gripped.
2. You avoid going to houses of friends or co-workers, who have a dog/s as pet.
3. A dog’s bark easily awakes you even when you are in the deepest of sleep.
4. When riding a bike/scooter, your eyes are wide awake ensuring no dog is chasing you. It would be the worst horror come to life.
5. It freezes you instantly when you run into a dog or a person walking his/her pet on the street or in the garden.
6. Even if the dog is at a distance from you, you cannot help staring it until it is out of sight.
7. If you are with a friend, you seek help of their arms, gripping them tightly making it evident that you are scared of the dog.
8. You become the butt of all jokes, even though you do not suffer from cynophobia, as your friends purposely invite dogs in your presence.
9. You never risk hitting a dog; the possible instance of retaliation scares the bejesus out of you.
10. The size of the dog does not matter. Whether it is a full grown pet or a puppy, you make it a point to stand miles away from it.
11. You dare to walk past a dog, for there are occasions when that is the only option. But when you pass the dog, you no longer run, instead opt to sprint.