Foods For Healthy Eyesight – The gift of vision is one of the greatest benefits that God has awarded humankind.
You must revere this gift and protect it in various ways, including consuming healthy foods.
Foods For Healthy Eyesight –
- If you have no aversion to the taste of eggs, gorge on them! The zinc, zeaxanthin, lutein and vitamin A in them, will enhance night vision and keep your retina and cornea healthy.
- Similarly, oil-rich fish from the wild, such as salmon, tuna, etc, are rich in healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. A couple of servings each week will keep away age-related issues, dry eyes and retina-related problems.
- You should develop a taste for fat-free dairy products like yoghurt, milk, etc, obtained from grass-fed cows. Zinc is the medium for carrying vitamin A to your eyes.
- Vitamin C exists in oranges, as well as in other citrus fruits. Improve the health of your eye tissues with a fruit a day.
- Apart from possessing vitamin A, carrots also contain beta-carotene. A carrot a day will keep unwanted infections at bay!
- If you consume a single serving (23 nuts) of vitamin E –rich almonds each day, your body will receive the required quota of 22 International Units or 15 mg. Alternatives are hazelnuts, peanuts and sunflower seeds.
- If you receive 10 mg (almost one-and-a-quarter cup) of Kale every day, your body, in turn, will receive its requisite quota of lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Around 100 g of spinach every alternate day will ensure that the lutein in it filters out damaging blue light waves from our macula. Zeaxanthin keeps away age-related problems.
- Dark berries are great for improving night vision, keeping away blindness and enhancing the health of blood capillaries, thanks to the anthocyanins present in them. Sprinkle a handful into a smoothie or onto a breakfast cereal.
- Beef, if consumed in a lean form, twice a week, should suffice to provide your eye tissues with zinc and vitamin A.
Foods for healthy eyesight – Thus, you should strive for a dietary regimen, which is high on anti-oxidants. Towards this end, opt for a range of unprocessed foods on a daily basis.