Vegetarians often get to hear eyebrow-raising comments from people who eat non-vegetarian food.
Vegetarians often get to hear eyebrow-raising comments from people who eat non-vegetarian food. For instance, they are told that they are weak as they don’t get enough protein in their food.
Here is a list of comments that vegetarians are tired of hearing, reports huffingtonpost.com:
– Wait, so you don’t eat meat? I don’t get how that’s possible.
– When people don’t understand that you can be a vegetarian for reasons other than “loving animals”.
– Being asked if you’d eat meat for a million bucks, or if you’d still refuse it if you were stuck on an island and would otherwise starve.
– The assumption that you’re “missing out on life” and must be kind of sad that you can’t eat meat.
– The “plants are being killed too” argument.
– Nobody is believing you’re getting enough protein, so you must be a weak.
– When people say, “I tried being vegetarian once…couldn’t do it!”
– People who claim they’re vegetarians, but still eat chicken and fish and the occasional cheeseburger.