Break-ups and hook-ups are a part & parcel of Bollywood. We take a look at the 5 most talked about ‘˜second marriages’ of Bollywood.
‘Shaadi Ka Ladoo’ is enticing for first timers, but the world is full of fortune hunters who wish to taste the ‘Ladoo’ a second time.
We are talking of second marriages, a common affair today.
Once bitten twice shy is not the rule of the day and to some extent, our Bollywood stars have paved the way for second marriages.
Life does give a second chance, and only the go-getters make use of this opportunity.
We list the top 5 actors of Bollywood who have been lucky the second time:
1) Rani Mukerji and Aditya Chopra: Are they married or are they not? This question was doing the rounds for quite some time, and finally on the 21st April 2014, the couple tied the knot in Italy. Son of ace filmmaker Yash Chopra, Aditya was earlier married to Payal Khanna. The Aditya-Rani wedding was a hush-hush affair as there were no invites sent to the Bollywood clan and the only two representatives present were Karan Johar and Vaibhavi Merchant.
2) Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao: Our Mr. Perfectionist of Bollywood, Aamir Khan was married to childhood sweetheart Reena. The unbelievable happened when the perfect family of ‘hum do hamare do’ broke and Aamir & Reena decided to part ways. Aamir later on married Kiran Rao, Assistant Director of the classic film Lagaan.
3) Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor: Saif Ali Khan has married twice too, but the interesting part of both the marriages is the age difference he has with his wives. First he married Amrita Singh who was 13 years elder to him and then he went on to marry Kareena Kapoor who is 10 years younger to him! Seems like, he did not get anyone of his age. But what has age got to do with marriage? All is well that ends well and we love to see Saifeena!
4) Sanjay Dutt & Manyata: Life has not been easy for Sanjay Dutt, and his real life story is no less than the script of a masala bolly flick. Sanjay took the world by surprise when he married B-grade film actress Manyata. He was married twice earlier – first to actress Richa Sharma who died of brain tumor and then to model Rhea Pillai, whom he divorced.
5) Sridevi & Boney Kapoor: This marriage is the perfect example of the unification of North and South India – the union of a Punjabi munda and a Tamil beauty. Boney was married to Mona Shourie Kapoor (mother of heartthrob Arjun Kapoor) before Sri entered his life.
To marry or not marry or to remarry – all these are personal choices.
Bollywood is a perfect example, where we get to witness all these three aspects of life – we have a happy-go-lucky bachelor Salman Khan, happy first-time married couples, such as Shahrukh & Gauri, and we also have the above mentioned second time lucky duos!
At the end of it, all we can say – You Live Only Once, do what makes you happy!