Remember Zaira Wasim? The apple-cheeked girl from Sports Drama Dangal who essayed the role of younger Geeta Phogat with astute finesse?
So much so, that we started missing her on screen presence when the movie took a time leap. Similarly as Fatima Shaikh, the adult version of Geeta Phogat, Zaira too stopped traffic with her foot-in-mouth dialogue delivery with a confident air. But then that’s Zaira for you.
There is a bigger treat awaiting round the corner for Amir Khan movie lovers where Zaira will be the cherry on the cake, Secret Superstar is about to dawn upon the box office soonish.
You may be a little curious about Zaira Wasim, fair enough. We are here laying down 5 cool facts about her. Read on below:
- A Kashmiri by birth: Zaira is a Kashmiri by birth who made his debut with Dangal when she was all of 15 years old. She is studying in a Missionary school located in Srinagar and she is in 10th standard now. She was born to a banker father and a mother who is into teaching profession in the year 2000.
- Her Bollywood career didn’t have family’s consent: Both her parents didn’t approve of her Bollywood career when she started off. They were not ready to send her to Mumbai in the first place but she earned their nod eventually as she stuck to her guns. And rest is history!
- Zaira’s aunt, an angel in her life:Zaira’s aunt was always solicitous to her acting aspirations and helped her to convince her parents. Her aunt even personally convinced her parents to let her pursue her dreams.
- Debut in commercials: She made her debut in television commercials as a child artist. Remember the Tata Sky advertisement shot in Gulmarg, Kashmir? Then there was one for Nokia Lumia which was shot in Almora, Uttarakhand.
- Still mourns her long hair: Zaira had really luscious long hair which she had to trim down for her role in Dangal. She still regrets for it.
These are the 5 quick trivia about Zaira Wasim. She is coming again to amuse us with her movie Secret Superstar and we are holding our hopes high.