There are some facts about social media you didn’t know or were aware about. Let’s see some of the crucial things that we choose to overlook while signing up on a social network.
While signing up on a social media platform, do you read all its terms and conditions or licensing agreements? The answer to that question is probably ‘NO’.
Terms of services are part of a legal document which are ought to be read before signing up for a platform or website. Overall it is boring bunch of legal guidelines, permissions, rules and regulations that people are not really interested in. But it is important to check them out before you simply click on the ‘Agree’ button. There might be hidden jargons which you are missing out and might land you in trouble.
There are certain things that you must know about the Terms of Services relating to various social media sites:
- : Surprised? When you sign up with Facebook you give it a royalty free license to use anything that you post and the only way to revoke this term is to delete the content. Twitter, Instagram and Google have similar conditions.
- : People convicted of sex crimes have no place in this social media site. Sexually suggestive content is not allowed on Instagram as well.
- : Did you know you are required to update your email id and cell phone number if there is a change. The phone number should be updated within 48 hours of making the change.
- : If you think that you can create a Twitter page for your child so that he can use it when he or she is old enough, then it is a very bad idea. Twitter deletes any page that is inactive for a period of 6 to 9 months.
- : Although the company policy is not to use or accept content, ideas or suggestions if not specifically requested, if your ideas are eye catching Instagram might end up using them and not pay you at all.
- : You have to know a person specifically to add them to your LinkedIn profile. You also need to provide authentic information. If your lie gets caught the site might ban you.
So next time you simply click on that Agree button go through the policies properly. You should know what you are signing up for.